The archival collection at the Huron County Museum can be accessed by the public for research purposes.
Available resources include:
- Assessment and Return of Inhabitants (1842 – 1850)
- Chattel Mortgages (pre-1900)
- Coroner’s Inquests (1841 – 1904)
- Court Records (1830 – 1894)
- Land Registry Copy Books (1835 – 1853)
- Tax Collector and Assessment Rolls (1860 – )
- Voters Lists (1858 – 1965)
Please Note: Census records, vital statistics (births, marriages, deaths) and microfilm of Huron County Library newspapers are not held at the Museum. They are available through the library system and other resources.
If you know what materials you wish to access in person at the Museum, you may book an appointment request with Jenna Leifso. Appointments are generally available from Monday – Friday (10 AM – 4 PM) and the second Saturday of the month (May – December). Please include your phone number and e-mail address in your request with a brief description of the specific resource you wish to review.
|Day Pass for Reading Room||$5.00 per person|
|Annual Pass for Reading Room||$25.00 per person|
|Research Services||$30.00 per hour (subject to staff availability)|
|By appointment and subject to staff availability for document retrieval.|
If you are unable to visit the Museum in person, staff will respond to your inquiry as time and resources permit.
Please complete the form below.
* Sections marked with a star are required fields.