About the Huron County Museum
Huron County Museum
110 North Street, Goderich ON, N7A 2T8
The Museum is Temporarily Closed to the Public
The Huron County Museum is temporarily closed to the public effective Dec. 24, 2020 in response to the province-wide shutdown. The Museum will remain closed until the shutdown is lifted.
While we are shutdown, you can still access the Museum’s extensive collection of online resources and virtual services from the comfort and safety of home:
- While the Huron County Archives and Reading Room are closed to in-person research, virtual research services with the Archivist will continue by appointment. Donations to the Museum’s collection are also suspended until further notice.
- Access Huron County’s historic newspapers, more than 5,000 artifacts, photographs, videos, 360° virtual tours, and historic documents right here on our website for free! Start exploring our virtual collection here.
- To stay up-to-date on virtual programs coming to the Museum this winter, check our events page, follow us on Facebook, or sign up for our monthly e-newsletter to receive Museum news directly to your inbox. The sign-up form is found on the bottom of our home page.
- While we are closed, you can still enjoy our latest temporary exhibit Reflections: The Life of J.W. (Jack) McLaren from home. Take a virtual tour of the exhibit, listen to our recent virtual talk, and purchase the exhibit catalogue over the phone for curbside pick-up from our Gift Shop.
- While the Museum Gift Shop is closed, you can still browse our selection of Museum merchandise, books, games, and toys from our website. Staff are happy to make arrangements for payments over the phone with curbside pick-up or shipping available for purchases.
- The Huron Historic Gaol remains closed until 2021, but you can still take a virtual tour of this National Historic site.
- Throughout the shutdown, Museum staff will continue to be available to answer questions, help with research, and create content you can enjoy from home. If you have questions, please call 519-524-2686 or email email@example.com
Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
The Museum is temporarily closed
M – closed
T – closed
W – closed
T – closed
F – closed
S – closed
S – closed
The Museum and Gaol are closed New Years Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Labour Day, Thanksgiving, Remembrance Day, Christmas and Boxing Day. Visit the Museum and Gaol on Family Day (Museum only), Victoria Day, Canada Day, Civic Holiday Monday.
The Museum is also closed on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.
|REGULAR ADMISSION||SINGLE SITE||BOTH SITES||ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP|
Huron County Library Card Holders
Regular admission to the Museum and Gaol is available at no charge to those presenting a Huron County Library card.
Each Museum and Gaol visitor will be required to present their own library card, including children over the age of 5. Library cards are available at no charge to Huron County residents at any one of Huron County’s twelve library branch locations. Free admission is limited to regular admission rates only. Additional charges will still apply to workshops, programs (including Behind the Bars), special events, room rentals, group tours, memberships, archives use, and other events.