STEAM Power Day Camps 2023
It’s full STEAM ahead at the Huron County Museum’s 2023 Day Camps!
Campers will enjoy hands-on science, technology, engineering, arts and math activities with an interactive focus on our local stories and heritage. STEAM Power Camps are for kids ages 5-10 and feature three different themed weeks throughout the summer:
- CAMP FULL – Time Travel Detectives, July 17-21, 2023
- CAMP FULL – Game Changers, July 31-Aug. 4, 2023
- CAMP FULL – Kids’ Museum, Aug. 21-25, 2023
How to Register:
- Please fully fill in & sign the registration form
- Drop off the signed form at the Huron County Museum front desk during our regular open hours, including Thursday evenings OR email the scanned form (with pen or electronic signature) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Museum staff will confirm there is space available for your registration either at the desk or by a follow-up email. There will be a waiting list once capacities are filled.
- Payment can be made at the museum’s front desk in advance, or in full on the first day of camp. Debit, credit, cash and cheque are accepted.
- Please include your email address on the registration form to ensure you receive specific camp instructions or information.
- If you require an invoice for tax purposes, you can contact email@example.com anytime after camps are completed.
Time Travel Detectives
July 17-21, 2023
Where in time will the Huron County Museum’s train take you? These walls are full of mysteries. Can you act like a kid from the past? Gather crime scene evidence at the Huron Historic Gaol, send a secret message in code, and become one of Huron County’s youngest investigative reporters!
July 31-Aug. 4, 2023
Ready to play? Find your next adventure at the roll of the dice; the museum is about to become one giant game board! Get hands-on with games and toys from the past! Design puzzles and games and become a toy inventor using upcycled materials. Come up with an escape plan at the Huron Historic Gaol and get physical with outdoor play.
Aug. 21-25, 2023
It’s your museum: what story do you want to tell? Have fun with the collection! See some of the weirdest and most unusual things the museum has. Guess what the artifact does! Get inspiration to invent and improve on past technologies. Learn about how things were used in the past and where they came from. See firsthand how a museum works behind the scenes. Get creative with making and displaying your own art work, and curating displays.