There are many opportunities for volunteers of all ages and interests at the Huron County Museum & Historic Gaol.
Some examples of volunteer opportunities are:
- Greeting visitors at the reception desk
- Greeting visitors at the Gaol Governor’s House
- Assisting staff to catalogue artifacts
- Assisting staff with artifact cleaning and preservation
- Transcribing from archival documents
- Organizing and helping with special events
- Acting: Behind the Bars Program
- Assisting with educational programs and group tours
- Assisting with exhibit development
The Huron County Museum & Historic Gaol holds volunteer meetings several times per year – these meetings give us a chance to update everyone about what’s going on at the Museum & Gaol and a look at some upcoming opportunities. For more information or to find out when the next meeting is being held, please call the Museum at 519-524-2686 or email us at email@example.com.