There are many opportunities for volunteers of all ages and interests at the Huron County Museum & Historic Gaol.
Some examples of volunteer opportunities are:
- Greeting visitors at the reception desk
- Greeting visitors at the Gaol Governor’s House
- Assisting staff to catalogue artifacts
- Assisting staff with artifact cleaning and preservation
- Transcribing from archival documents
- Organizing and helping with special events
- Acting: Behind the Bars Program
- Assisting with educational programs and group tours
- Assisting with exhibit development
The Friends of the Huron County Museum & Historic Gaol
The Huron County Museum Friends co-ordinate many of the volunteer activities and also support the Museum through fundraising.
Other volunteer opportunities in support of the Huron County Museum & Historic Gaol arise through the work of volunteer organizations such as the Goderich and District Horticultural Society and the Huron County Historical Society.
For more information or to find out the next meeting of the Huron County Museum Friends, please call the Museum at 519-524-2686