The Huron County Museum and Historic Gaol engage our community in preserving, sharing, and fostering Huron County culture.
The vision of the Huron County Museum and Historic Gaol is to nurture and inspire heritage and culture.
The Huron County Museum and Historic Gaol designs its exhibits, programs, events, and services through a lens that includes a wide range of ideas, voices and viewpoints that reflect and engage Huron County’s diverse community.
Huron County Museum Goals
Engage with more people:
- Engage and inspire the next generation of Huron County by sparking an interest in their heritage and culture.
- Connect with audiences beyond physical sites.
- Create dynamic exhibits that generate interest and attention.
- Maximize existing footprint to support enhanced participation.
- Increase the strength of the Huron County Museum and Historic Gaol brand.
- Seek out partnerships to share skills, resources and ideas.
- Implement environmentally sustainable practices and celebrate natural heritage.
- Build support with funders and advocates to ensure long term financial support.
- Ensure sufficient staffing levels to maintain energy and support for new strategic directions.
Diversity, Inclusion and Flexibility
In addition to the two strategic directions, the themes of diversity/inclusion and flexibility will be supported through all work that is done.
This means that all programs and services will be designed through the lens of gathering a wide range of ideas, voices and viewpoints, as well as remaining open and accessible to all. It is imperative that through this plan the diversity of Huron County is represented.
A culture of creativity, learning, trust and adaptability will allow the flexibility necessary to adapt to quickly changing environments and best meet user’s needs. The Plan will be revisited annually to address relevance, new information, and budget considerations.
The full report can be downloaded from the link below.