The County of Huron and the Huron County Museum are pleased to announce the winners of the 2022 Huron County Art Show:
- 1st prize – Harvest Landscape Huron County, Roman Turczyn
- 2nd prize – With Wonder, Michele Miller
- Spring on the Maitland – Anita Wood
- Lucknow Road – Kaaren Batten
- Memories of Huron – Sharron Rogers
- razing landscapes #91 – Kelly Stevenson
- Hop on the Bus, Gus – Jerry McDonnell
- Untitled – Don MacGillivray
The two winning artworks will become part of the Huron County Art Bank with a purchase award from the County of Huron. Artworks in the Art Bank remain on display in various County buildings. To date there are 52 artworks that are part of this special collection.
The 20th year for the art show, the exhibit features 31 artworks by artists from across Huron County. The 2022 Huron County Art Show & Sale is on display at the Huron County Museum in Goderich from Oct. 16 to Dec. 17, 2022.
Visitors to the exhibit are invited to submit their vote for their favourite artwork with a special ballot available at the Museum.
The special exhibit is open to the public during Museum hours Tuesday to Saturday 10 am to 4:30 pm, extended hours Thursday 10 am to 8 pm, and Sunday 1 pm to 4:30 pm. Regular admission rates apply. Admission is free to the Museum for members and Huron County Library card holders.